Small business owners – you have more important things to do than to keep your own books. I take care of your bookkeeping needs, so you can focus on the job of running your business and generating profits!
Each month or quarter we can help you with following things:
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Generate an income statement
- Generate a balance sheet
- Clean up your general ledger
- Provide consultations
I can help you with these tasks for different levels of services for your small business accounting system. I can customize my package of CPA services you receive by adding payroll, tax planning, tax preparation, or any of my other services.
Reconciling your business checking account monthly allows me to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date.
- You will feel less stress knowing status of your cash.
- You will sleep peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.
- Monitor revenues and expenses so that you can determine performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify specific issues that cause unexpected expenditurese.g., job costs, phone, fax, mail, or supply expenses.
- Track dramatic increases cost of goods sold or expenses as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your company’s ‘ financial condition at a specific moment in time.
A balance sheet helps you…
- Quickly determine the financial strength of your business.
- Identify problem trends particularly in the area of receivables and payables. eg, you can collect your receivables more aggressively and timely pay your expenses.
- Is your business is in a position to expand/grow/
- Can your business can easily handle crisis or opportunities that have impact on your revenues and expenses?
- Take immediate steps to address working capital needs through line of credit or equipment loans.
- Has your customers been slowing down on paying you? Can you assist them in their operations (if cash shortages)?
Balance sheets and income statements are basic tools in providing financial reporting to potential lenders,eg, banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant you.
Maintaining Accurate Accounting Ledger
General ledger is the core of your company’s recordkeeping. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger creates chaos in your books.
I can scan your general ledger system each month and hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Once I identify a problem I can fix the discrepancies and your books are accurate and in tip top shape.
I make myself available to spend time with you so you fully understand my services and the financial information I provide. Please feel free to call me whenever you have a question or concern.